This stunning, modern-styled kitchen was completed in a mid-century home by Connecticut Kitchen & Bath Studio LLC; ideal for West Hartford’s many similar kinds of homes.
- Contrasting flat-paneled, glossy white acrylic upper cabinets against contrasting natural wenge wood lowers and tallers.
- Neutral-colored Cambria quartz countertops with strikingly rich custom-made Grothouse ash wood freeform eating area for four diners.
- Chimney-style hood suspended from the ceiling over the flush, glass electric cooktop in the peninsula.
- Drawer microwave in a taller back-saving raised base cabinet area with counter work space directly above.
- Built-in stainless-steel counter-depth refrigerator, double convection ovens and two drawer beverage center.
- A double-door Astral glass upper cabinet obscures its contents.
- Linear glass mosaic tile backsplash that nicely ties together the complex color-scheme.
This early 20th century West Hartford colonial was a perfect candidate for a major remodel. The existing kitchen was inconvenient and disjointed, with the sink and dishwasher on the far opposite sides of the space, in opposing corners. The powder room door face directly into the kitchen and was exceedingly undesirable by the homeowners. There was almost no usable countertop and very poor storage space. It was dingy and had not been updated in many many years. The big challenge were the numerous doors and poor traffic flow. The materials used in this kitchen are as follows:
- Custom made cabinetry by Levant Kitchen Furniture in the Charleston beaded inset door/drawer style with Designer White enamel on maple wood.
- Two separate ovens built into base cabinetry with the primary oven raised for better back ergonomics.
- Wolf gas range top with brushed nickel pot filler by The Whitehaus Collection to the right, providing a water source without having to walk across the kitchen.
- Alberene Churchill soapstone countertops with raised custom Grothouse wood bar top in knotty ash.
- Large Single Franke fireclay farmhouse sink with Whitehaus Collection period faucet.
- Hardwood floors.
- Handmade Spanish irregular 3×6 “subway” tile with high gloss glaze.